Photo Credit: Lavonne Glover
Our society exists "to increase the general interest in cultivation and improve the standard of excellence of the rose for all people.
On March 3, 1950 a group of fourteen men, all enthusiastic Rose Hobbyists, met at the Central Library and organized the Men’s Rose Society of Birmingham.
The first Rose Show was held in Vestavia in 1952. Since then, a Rose Show has been sponsored each year.
In 1955, the organization was changed. Ladies and anyone interested in growing roses, were made eligible for membership. At that time the name was changed to The Birmingham Rose Society.
We are members of the Deep South District of the American Rose Society. We have been privileged to host the District Rose show in Birmingham in 1959, May of 1989, in October 2008 and most recently, the 2017 Mid-Winter Meeting.
Join us for the 2018